The Inevitable Sunburn
Okay, as much as we try to stay away from a sunburn, it almost never fails that at some point in that hot summer sun, you'll get a bit sun kissed. So how do we treat it?
- Cool Water: Jump in the lake or ocean, avoid chlorine though and as much as that ice cube sounds amazing, don't do it! It can damage your extra sensitive sunburned skin.
- Baking soda and oatmeal bath: Throwing a few heaping tablespoons of baking soda into a bathtub full of cool water and soaking for about 15 to 20 minutes. Avoid scrubbing your skin.
- Aloe: If you don't have an Aloe plant yet, get one! Breaking off a chunk of the plant and applying the gel directly to the skin provides immediate, soothing relief from the sting of minor sunburn.
- Chamomile Tea: Soak a washcloth in cool tea and apply to the affected area.
- Wear loose clothing: Don't let it stick to your skin, ouch!
- Drink lots of water: Stay hydrated
- Don't forget to moisturize: Use scent and dye free and give that skin some TLC
But ladies, use the sunscreen. And if you haven't found your favorite one yet, we can help with that!